- This event has passed.
Webinar – Storytelling with KIBO: Meeting Early Literacy Milestones with Robotics
June 30, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Watch the recording of June 30th (EST) webinar – Storytelling with KIBO: Meeting Early Literacy Milestones with Robotics
With the frame of storytelling, early childhood STEAM education can support the development of critical early literacy skills: sequencing stories, understanding character and plot, and self-expression. The KIBO robot is a perfect vehicle for storytelling for young children, with its screen-free, hands-on coding and arts integration.
Hear from leaders in the field of literacy-based STEAM education, who will share research in robotics and literacy, offer practical experiences implementing these programs, and examples of how KIBO provides a foundation for literacy education through robotics, coding, and STEAM.
Details of the Webinar
In this webinar:
- Hear current research in robotics and literacy
- Learn from practical experiences from educators implementing these programs
- Get examples of how KIBO can provide a foundation for literacy education through robotics, coding, and STEAM
- Angela de Mik, Project Director for Operation Breaking the Code, Norfolk Public Schools, VA
- Madhu Govind, PhD student at the DevTech lab at Tufts Unversity, MA
- Mark Gura, Professor at Touro College, Writer for EdTech Digest and ISTE, NY
- Amanda Puerto Thorne, Director, Teaching and Learning, KID Museum, MD
- Jason Innes – Manager of Training and Curriculum Development, KinderLab Robotics, MA