Teach Kids Programming – Getting Started
Welcome! We are excited to have you as a part of our KIBO family. Please see the information below that will help you get started teaching kids programming with KIBO.
We offer the below online resources to get your young learners coding with KIBO:
- 25-minute STEAM Curriculum training video introducing KIBO and The KIBO Zoo, a 6-8 hour introductory curriculum PDF.
- Additional videos on coding robot toys for kids, including tutorials and examples of use with young learners.
- Peer-contributed activity ideas and classroom stories on the Resources site.
- For news, teaching ideas, STEM curriculum offerings, and new product announcements join our mailing list.
- Stay up to date with us on Social Media. Follow us on Twitter (@KinderLabRobot), Facebook, LinkedIn or YouTube.
We also have a wide range of add-on extensions to expand your KIBO programming fun, such as attachments to allow KIBO to draw, platforms to build with LEGO™-compatible bricks, and more. Additional resources can be found below.
Quick Start Guides
These two activities are free samples from our fun Activity Card set. Purchase the complete set at our webstore. Many more free activities are available at KIBO Resources website.
KIBO’s Programming Blocks
Creating and Scanning Programs
Repeat Loops with Number Parameters
Wait for Clap + Sound Sensor
Using the Distance Sensor with Repeat Loops
Repeat Loops + Light Sensor
Using If and End If Blocks
Nesting Ifs Inside Repeat Loops
Is your KIBO spinning or going backward when it should be going forward? Are you not sure if your KIBO is powering on correctly?
Check out our page of frequently asked technical questions for solutions!